As per officials, a fire erupted at the SV Coach garage while 42 individuals were on duty. Two fire trucks were deployed to quell the flames, according to reports. One eyewitness stated that the incident began around 10:45-11 am, with a noticeable odor preceding the sight of a bus engulfed in fire. The flames then spread to other buses.
Approximately 40 workers evacuated in panic, while commendable efforts saved 5-6 buses from the inferno. A bus owner lamented that one of their vehicles, which had been under repair for half a year after an accident, was still at the garage during the event. Meanwhile, authorities suspect a short circuit might have been the cause.
A fire department official suggested that the fire started as workers were fixing an emergency exit on one of the buses, leading to its spread to adjacent parked buses. Nevertheless, the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be determined.